- Alkyl alpha-hydroxymethyl acrylates as reactive surfactants in emulsion polymerization; A. Joy, C. Peng; US 10,118,887; issued: Nov 6, 2018
- Thermoresponsive polyesters; A. Joy, J. Swanson; US 10,106,514; issued: Oct 23, 2018
- Densely functionalized polymers derived from Baylis-Hillman adducts; A. Joy, C. Peng; US 9,963,540; issued: May 8, 2018
- Photoresponsive coumarin based polymers: synthesis and applications; A. Joy, M.V.S.N. Maddipatla; US 9,663,614; issued: May 30, 2017
- Biodegradable polymers with pendant functional groups attached through amide bonds; A. Joy, S. Gokhale, Y. Xu; US 9,593,201; issued: March 14, 2017
- Substituted phenacyl molecules and photoresponsive polymers; A. Joy, S. Sun; US 9,353,214; issued: May 31, 2016
Peer Reviewed Publications
Why this is cool: This paper shows that poor antimicrobial polymers don’t have to be useless and can be effective antibiofilm agents.
Nun, N.; Cruz, M.; Jain, T.; Tseng, Y.-M.; Menefee, J.; Jatana, S.; Patil, P. S.; Leipzig, N. D.; McDonald, C.; Maytin, E.; and Joy, A. Thread Size and Polymer Composition of 3D Printed and Electrospun Wound Dressings Affect Wound Healing Outcomes in an Excisional Wound Rat Model. Biomacromolecules 2020, 21, 4030.
Jain, T.; Saylor, D. M.; Piard, C. M. Liu, Q.; Patel, V.; Kaushal, R.; Choi, J.-W.; Fisher, J. P.; Isayeva, I.; Joy, A. The effect of dexamethasone on room temperature 3D printing, rheology, and degradation of a low modulus polyester for soft tissue engineering, ACS Biomater. Sci. Eng. 2019, 5, 846.
Paulmurugan, R.; Bhethanabotla, R.; Mishra, K.; Devulapally, R.; Foygel, K.; Sekar, T. V.; Ananta, J. S.; Massoud, T. F.; Joy, A., Folate receptor targeted polymeric micellar nanocarriers for delivery of orlistat as a repurposed drug against triple negative breast cancer. Mol. Cancer Ther. 2016, 15, 221